Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Essence of God

"The singers were accompanied in perfect harmony by trumpets, cymbals, and other instruments, as they praised the Lord singing:

Praise the Lord, because he is good,
And his love is eternal.

As the priests were leaving the Temple, it was suddenly filled with a cloud shining with the dazzling light of the Lord's presence, and they could not continue the service of worship."
2 Chronicles 5:13-14 GNT

It must have been an awesome sight when the glory of the Lord so filled His house that the priests could not even finish ministering.

How would it feel to experience such an overwhelming sense of God's presence and glory in our lives? That His presence would just fill us to overflowing? I yearn for that--don't you? If there was some way that I could make sure that that could happen, I would so love it to be. But I know me--I know that it's not that God can't or won't be that presence in me. It's my sin that keeps Him from doing it. Do you know what I mean?

Toby Mac sings a song that says that we need to fill our homes with so much love that the back door has to crack to let some of the love ooze out. I think of that with this idea. That if we could let God enter our lives and fill it up so much that we have to open up and give some of it away in order to not explode--what a witness that would be!

My prayer for us today is this: Please, allow your Heavenly Father to come in like a cloud and fill us--each and every little teeny, tiny corner with ALL of Him. That we reek with the essence of Him. That people from a mile away, will be able to see that He is in us and we are in Him.

If this was to happen, what a spiritual life it would be. I so desire to be glory-filled. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment