Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Power of a Wing

"Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful,
because I come to you for safety.
In the shadow of your wings I find protection
until the raging storms are over."
Psalm 57:1 GN

This morning I was out early watering my vegetable garden. I heard this piercing cry in the sky. I looked up and tried to find the source of the sound. All of a sudden there it was--this beautiful Red-tailed Hawk.

I just stood there, enjoying the sense of freedom and beauty that this hawk was experiencing. You could just tell by the way it was gliding with the breeze that it was at peace and experiencing pure joy. It would tilt it's wings a little to the left, its body would glide left. Tilt it to the right, it would glide right. It's shadow was dancing across the ground. It was a total God moment for me. From deep in my soul, I heard, "What an AWESOME God I have!"

This verse reminds me of that experience. He's like that Red-tailed Hawk--soaring over us, keeping His eye sharp, looking for anything that may come and harm us. When He sees something--swoosh!!! Down He goes and gathers us into His strong wings with the soft under feathers. We are so blessed!

Take today and thank Him for all He is, and for all He does. Can you imagine life without Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment