Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My Daddy is Bigger Than Anything!


"The Lord is far above
    all of the nations;
he is more glorious
    than the heavens.

No one can compare
    with the Lord our God.
His throne is high above,
and he looks down to see
    the heavens and the earth." Psalm 113:4-6 CEV

WOW! I don't know about you, but when I read these verses, all I could say was WOW! Oh, don't get me wrong, I knew my God was big, but this big? Just the picture that He is so big that He has to look down to see into the Heavens. I always thought of Him in heaven, but above? That just wowed my spirit. This may seem weird, but it actually gave me a newer, deeper, sense of awe--of respect for the God I serve. For my Daddy.

What about you? Is your view of your Heavenly Daddy limited to the clouds or can you envision the true size of Him? Do you still think that He is too small for your life? For your problems. For your hurts, habits or hangups?

Your Daddy is SO big that there is not a space that is big enough to hold Him. He encompasses EVERYTHING! Did you get that? EVERYTHING! Not some things, not a just portion--ALL--EVERYTHING! 

And it's all there for you to receive. You just have to humbly ask--(pray), be still--(listen), take what He tells you (receive) and then thank Him (praise).


Your Daddy is above all daddies. Isn't that AWESOME?!

 “Are there any gods like the Lord?
    No, there are no gods like you—
    you are wonderfully holy!
    You are amazingly powerful!
    You do great miracles!" Exodus 15:11 ERV

No comments:

Post a Comment