Thursday, September 24, 2009

Come On Up!

"Then as I looked, I saw a door standing open in heaven, and the same voice I had heard before spoke to me like a trumpet blast. The voice said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must happen after this.” Revelation 4:1 NLT

This verse really spoke to me the other day. It speaks of two things. Perspective and revelation. The voice from heaven told the apostle John to come up. Come up to heaven. Have you ever heard the saying; "You can't see the forest for the trees?" Sometimes we get so caught up in our situation, that we can't see the forest for the trees. We cannot see clearly. We need another perspective. We need to see clearly.

Sometimes our knowledge and understanding is limited at best. We don't have the answers. We need help.

As a pastor I face these challenges. But I'm also a husband, dad, brother, son, uncle, and friend. I need help. We all do. The wonderful news is Jesus offers us the help we need to gain His perspective and revelation.

But when He says "Come up here and I will show you," I have to leave where I'm at to come up to Him. Not geographically, but spiritually. In humility and faith. I have to leave my way of doing things and let Him do things His way in my life. I even have to obey. I have to let go of my paradigms, traditions, and experiences, and receive His revelation. I have a choice. Jesus invites, "Come up here." Not "Get up here!"

What about you? What do you need a fresh perspective and revelation for? Will you choose the invitation to "Come up?"

No comments:

Post a Comment