Thursday, September 3, 2009

Unconditional Love

"Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? (As the Scriptures say, 'For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.' No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.


And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:35-39 NLT

I don't know about you, but these two paragraphs give me great comfort. Have you, like me, experience that love can be conditional? That people in your life can give or take away their love to you. You don't do what they want, and so they take away their love for you.

Our God is so gracious. He loves us no matter what. If anyone should show us conditional love, shouldn't it be Him? But He doesn't. Do you find that hard to accept? Have you been so conditioned that you are only lovable when you are a certain way?

I have. I find it very hard to believe, especially in the beginning. Now, I accept it, but I find that I have to fight the feeling of having to "earn" His love or to keep His love. He loves me NO MATTER WHAT. I don't need to be perfect or beautiful or do anything. There is nothing that I can do that will change His love for me. Even if I deny Him, He still loves ME.

Please know the same is for you. You are loved no matter what. Don't let Satan talk you into believing anything less. You can claim your inheritance in the Lord's love and care and graciousness for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment