Thursday, November 5, 2009

Are You a Dog or a Cat?

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me." John 10:27 NLT

We have three dogs and three cats. Bobby, Curly and Biscuit are our dogs and Harry, Fluffy and Daisy are our cats. Whether our dogs are on their run or loose, when we call their names, they come flying from where they were not suppose to be. They could be over visiting neighbors (which they know is against the rules) or laying on the front porch, but they know their names and our voices and come wholeheartedly.

Now our cats, on the other hand, are totally opposite. Oh, they know their names and our voices, but they may or may not decide to respond. They can be looking right at you and just stretch, and stare deep into your eyes, as if to say, "Hello. Are you possibly talking to me?"

Now, I have a question for you. Are you a dog or a cat? When you hear the Lord calling, do you come at any expense? Do you eagerly say, "Yes, Lord, I'm all yours." Do you stop everything you are doing and give God your undivided attention? Or do you say to Him, "You know, I'm a little busy now, could you check back with me in 10 minutes or so?" Do you say to yourself, "Oh, doughnuts, I'm really not in the mood right now. I'll get to Him when I get a chance."

Or do you hear Him at all?

In this busy, noisy world, there are many excuses for not listening to that "small still voice". There are so many things that we allow to drown out any conversation between our Lord and ourselves. But have you noticed, as I have, that the more we don't take time to answer the Spirit phone, the more persistent He becomes?

I don't know about you, but I want to respond as a Bobby, Curly or Biscuit when the Lord calls. I want to drop everything and come running into His arms and drink in His precious words. How about you?

2 comments:

  1. Dear sierragoldie,

    You are SO funny! Thank you for making me laugh. You are such a precious reminder of what God is--please always remember that.:)

    ReplyDelete