Friday, November 6, 2009

Struggling with Fear?

"I look up to the mountains; does my strength come from mountains?
No, my strength comes from God,
who made heaven, and earth, and mountains.

He won't let you stumble,
your Guardian God won't fall asleep.
Not on your life! Israel's
Guardian will never doze or sleep.

God's your Guardian,
right at your side to protect you—
Shielding you from sunstroke,
sheltering you from moonstroke.

God guards you from every evil,
he guards your very life.
He guards you when you leave and when you return,
he guards you now, he guards you always." Psalm 121 (The Message)

Are there times when you are scared? Times when you feel anxious? I do.

I used to think that I couldn't admit to having fear/anxiety because it might be seen by other Christians that I didn't have enough faith--that my walk wasn't as close as it should be.

But as I read more and more in the Bible, God showed me that everyone experiences those feelings at one time or another. It really has nothing to do with your walk, necessarily--it's just called being human. The apostles, King David, even Jesus, experienced fear at one time or another. It's what you do with it that is important.

Our God, our Father, is so very gracious. He sustains us in the midst of any fearfulness, anxiety, sadness we may be feeling--just as He is with us for every joy, praise and happiness feeling we feel.

So when we have those moments of fearfulness, of anxiety, please remember this psalm. Pray and give those feeling to Jesus. He, "guards your very life. He guards you now, He guards you always"--trust Him with all of you!

3 comments:

  1. I've blogged about this subject a few times...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Brittney,

    Hello! So you have a blog also? What is it? I would love to visit it.

    Blessing sent to you!

    Love, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://lohnwolf.blogspot.com

    ummm, so it's a little controversial, and also has a lot on parenting sense I am a young mama of two babes... but I would love to have you visit :o)

    ReplyDelete