Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Let It Go

"But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13,14 NIV

Sometimes when my kids were acting up I would tell them to "let it go." In other words stop, knock it off, forget it. The other day I felt the Holy Spirit tell me to let it go. I was thinking about some past sin issues. I sensed that it was time to move on. Accept the forgiveness and restoration that Christ gives us and move on.

I also felt the Spirit tell me to let go of some current challenges that I am facing, and move on, trusting the outcome to a loving and benevolent God.

Some of the challenges of letting things go are that we stuff them deep inside of us. We think that we are dealing with them by not dealing with them. But the stuff we stuff will manifest somehow. Another challenge to letting go is that we use things as excuses and "wet blankets" to serve as a means to an end. Sometimes we just keep rehearing things over and over. The greatest challenge are the things that keep us from accepting the love and forgiveness that Jesus Christ give to us.

What about you? Is God calling you to give up an old hurt, habit, or hang up? Is there an issue in your life that keeps haunting you? Will you let Jesus have it today?

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!" 2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment