Friday, January 7, 2011

Freedom Reigns

"Yes, even today when they read Moses' writings, their hearts are covered with that veil, and they do not understand.

But whenever someone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord--who is the Spirit--makes us more and more like Him as we're changed into His glorious image." 2 Corinthians 15-18 NLT

"Wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." Wow! Isn't that a thought!? Freedom. People search forever for freedom and never seem to find it. Freedom from fear, from worry, from habits, hurts or hangups, you name it. What is the freedom that you are yearning for?

Personally, I have been working on finding freedom from worry. There are times that I worry. I worry about little things. I worry about change. I worry about how people perceive me. I worry if I am doing enough for my God.

During the time that I am worrying, I hear my Spirit say to me, "Why are you worrying? Don't you know that worrying will not change anything? Where is your trust in Me? With Me, you have freedom from not worrying. I will take care of everything. You have nothing to worry about. Come on, just rest in Me." When I stop to hear--to truly listen--I am so blessed. My God gives me freedom.

Your God can give you that same sense of freedom. You just need to stop and consciously give to Him what you need freedom from. His Spirit is big enough to take it on. Trust. You can trust Him to take it and use it for your good and the growth of your walk.

You may be saying that you have tried that and it hasn't worked for you. Don't give up. It may take you some time to see the signs and to catch them right away. But the more you do it, the quicker it will be. And the sense of blessing will be so wonderful.

Your God is one mighty God!

No comments:

Post a Comment