Thursday, March 24, 2011

Life Lesson

"'You shall be My people,
And I will be your God.'"
Jeremiah 30:22 NASV

Do you, in your walk, ever go through an 'identity crisis'? Knowing what you should know but all of a sudden, you are realizing that you're acting like you haven't even accepted Christ's unconditional love for you? Honestly, that is where I was yesterday and I truly don't know how or why I got there. But with help of a wise friend, I am at least at peace with myself--for the moment.

You see, I was embarrassed that I was where I was yesterday. Even though my friend was kind, I was embarrassed that they saw that part of me. I was embarrassed because I was afraid that I would be judged, not only by them, but by my Heavenly Father-- that I wasn't truly a child of God. That, even though I know in my heart that I am not perfect, that I was exposing to them to that very fact. That there was more rain going on inside me than outside.

Then my Heavenly Father gave me this verse this morning. Knowing that I needed reassurance of our relationship. What a awesome Father we have! He cares enough for me, a simple daughter with a big desire to become the 'perfect' daughter He deserves. And the realization came that, to my Father, I am already 'perfect' enough for Him. Because, as you already know, none of us in ourselves is perfect. We will never be perfect. But our God knows that and loves us anyway. To Him, in order to have a relationship with Him, He doesn't require perfection. He only requires an opening, willing heart to serve Him to the best of our ability.

So, why am I sharing all of this with you? So that to encourage you when you are in this similar situation, I hope that you remember. I hope that you remember that you are covered with your Father's grace, so perfection is not required. I hope that you remember that it is so very important to be honest with your feeling and share them with Him. And last, but not least, please remember that it is so very important to surround yourself with wise Godly friends that are grounded in the Lord--and listen to them when they speak.

Our life walk is full of rocks and rainbows, thorns and wildflowers, crocodile tears and beaming smiles of joy. And through it all, your Heavenly Father is walking beside you holding your hand. This moment is beautiful isn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment