Tuesday, September 18, 2012

SING!

"The Lord is my strength,
the reason for my song,
because he has saved me.
I praise and honor the Lord—
he is my God
and the God
of my ancestors."
Exodus 15:2 CEV

The Lord brought me to this verse a couple of days ago and I love it.

When I first discovered it, it was in the NIV version, which is great of course. But today, He brought me to this version which is the Contemporary English version. Please read the first two lines--what does it state? "The Lord is my strength, the REASON for my song." I love that--don't you?! He is the reason for my song, for your song. That is how it should be. The reason isn't whether we have a lot of material possessions, the reason isn't because of our circumstances, the reason isn't because of whom we are married to or whom our children are or aren't. No! HE is the reason.

And why is He the reason? It's the third line, "because He has saved me." He has saved me! Me--a sinner from before I was conceived. Me--with all my hurts, habits and hangups. Me--whom the world may label as ditsy or unworthy or not important. He came down from His throne in Heaven, became a humble baby, grew up to only be ridiculed and tortured and then died on a cross for me--for YOU.

How can we not, how do we dare not do the forth line, "I praise and honor the Lord". People, we need to stop whining to Him like the Israelites in the desert. Whining about having to leave a life of slavery. Whining about not having enough variety in our food. Whining that we are bored with life and with Him, so we will start worshiping other gods.

Our God is an AWESOME God and we need to sing from the mountain tops. Other nations are doing with other gods, we diffidently should be doing it for our God--your God, my God--and we need to SING!

"And that’s not all: We throw open our doors to God and discover at the same moment that he has already thrown open his door to us. We find ourselves standing where we always hoped we might stand—out in the wide open spaces of God’s grace and glory, standing tall and shouting our praise." Romans 5:2 MSG

No comments:

Post a Comment