Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Promise Keeper

I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From where does my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
who made heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot be moved;
he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord is your keeper;
the Lord is your shade on your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all evil;
he will keep your life.
The Lord will keep
your going out and your coming in
from this time forth and forevermore. Psalms 121 ESV

We are living in very epic and challenging times. The world around us seems to be a "thin crust" ready to explode or implode. On a world wide scale we see social, economic, religious, environmental,criminal, and political unrest.

In these days it would be easy to give into despair, fear, self reliance, and maybe even denial. The scriptures point us to the One who gives us strength for today and hope for tomorrow, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Psalms 121 gives us promises and hope in the Promise Keeper. The word "keep" and "keeper" are used six times in eight short verses. the word " keep" in the Hebrew means;  to guard, watch over, and attend to carefully.

Just think, the One who is the creator of all things offers to keep you in His care. He offers to help, keep, protect, and preserve you. In fact He promises to do so. How can you begin to live in this reality? You start by receiving Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Jesus said,

"'My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one.'” John 10:27-30 ESV

Daily we are challenged in our faith. Daily we have a choice to believe and receive the grace that Jesus gives. Daily, indeed forever, Jesus is the one constant in an ever changing and challenging world. He gives us the confidence in times of trials. He is the Promise Keeper.

Who or what are you putting your confidence in? What about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment