Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Our Proclaimation

"Sing a new song to the Lord!
Let the whole earth sing to the Lord!
Sing to the Lord; praise his name.
Each day proclaim the good news that he saves.
Publish his glorious deeds among the nations.
Tell everyone about the amazing things he does.
Great is the Lord! He is most worthy of praise!"
Psalm 96:1-4 NLT

I'm getting ready to speak at a men's ministry dinner tonight. I'm going to share my testimony. As I read this passage from Psalm 96, I was encouraged about my opportunity to share my story. I am looking forward to sharing with a group of men how Jesus has impacted my life.

I got to thinking that you don't have to be a preacher or worship leader to share the good news, salvation, and amazing things about God. You just need to open your eyes and heart to the awesomeness of God. Look for the hand of God in your life and those around you. We have so much negative press and attitudes in our culture. We look for the worse. But, if we would be willing to view our lives as a blessing from God, and see him in the little as well as the big, we will have a new perspective on life.

Look for the wonderful hand of God in your life. Share the good news with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment