Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Sure Thing

"We put our hope in the Lord.
He is our help and our shield.
In him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name.
Let your unfailing love surround us, Lord,
for our hope is in you alone."
Psalm 33:20-22 NLT

Have you ever played the slot machines? Have you ever watched someone else play the slot machines? You put your coin or token in the slot and pull the handle. You hold your breath and hope for a winning play. It's a game of chance.

Hope is like a coin or token. We all have a measure of hope. It's what we put our hope in that counts. I think many times we play the slots with hope. We take our token of hope and we put in something or someone and pull the handle. A game of chance. We put our hope in many different things. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes we lose.

We look for the sure thing. But we play the game of life by chance. There is only one sure thing to put our token of hope in, Jesus Christ. The psalmist said that because he put his hope in God alone, his life would be protected, joyful, and surrounded in love. Even in the tragic or difficult time of life, we can be secure in God's love.

What are you putting your hope in today? How's it paying off?

1 comment:

  1. This is so where I am at right now. I am in a tragic time of my life and my hope in The Lord is the only thing keeping me moving forward. I can say that I am being well protected and surrounded in love and now I know the joy will come back. Thank you for the bible verse. It will be in my heart forever and ever Amen!
    servant2him@live.com

    ReplyDelete