Monday, January 4, 2010

Today is the Day!

"No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good,
and this is what he requires of you:
to do what is right, to love mercy,
and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8 NLT

You know. You know when you are doing good or bad. I don't care how old you are, when you are doing something that you know is not right--sinful, bad, deceitful--you know it. You look over your shoulder, making sure that no one had seen you, that no one heard what you said, whatever the situation is. Am I right?

God has told you what is good. "And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." Philippians 4:8 NLT

Why not start this new year with this simple verse of rightful living? Imagine the sense of release. The sense of peace that you will be experiencing.

When I was in my 20's, I wanted so badly to be loved. I wanted my prince charming to find me and my search would be over. My heart's desire would be fulfilled. Well, you know that country song, "looking for love in all the wrong places"--at that point it was my life song. No, I wasn't all over the place. But I was in a relationship with someone that I knew I wasn't suppose to be in. I thought, "Oh, my Lord wants me happy. This is OK. I'm not hurting anyone." But it just didn't feel right. I bargained with the Lord. I told Him I just wanted to be loved--to be accepted as I was. And this was the closest I could find.

Long story short, through all my mistakes and going off on wrong paths, God honored me with my prince charming. And the reason that I am sharing this embarrassing part of my past is to one, show that God can work through all mistakes and He honors us even if we don't always honor Him. Secondly, the peace I felt and still feel to be knowing that I am living the life that He had choose for me. That I can be truthful and I'm not living 3 different lives inside one life. At times, that is what I was doing. It was horrible. Peace--true peace--is so awesome.

So, no matter what you have done in your past--it's not too much for God. Today, right now do the right thing. Give it all to Him. Ask Him for forgiveness. Let Him wash you clean. Show mercy, (forgiveness) to others, as He has shown towards you and be humble. Not like some, that act like they are lower than dirt. But know that you even though you are a special creation from God, your Heavenly Father is still God. The one and only!

Today is the Day! How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment