Monday, May 24, 2010

The Invitation

"I no longer call you slaves, for a master doesn't confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, for I have told you everything that the Father has told me." John 15:15 NLT

We are a people that need to have relationships. God created us that way. And if you think of it isn't that the way God is? He created us in His image.

The reason that this verse spoke to me this morning is this--I fear that we may tend to have the feeling that God is waaaaay up there, above the clouds and we are waaaaay down here under the clouds. And after all, isn't He the dictator, and we the subjects?

That's not where He is at. How do we know? He sent His son, Jesus to make our relationship right. Jesus is our atonement--our olive branch.

Jesus doesn't want a hands-off relationship--no, totally the opposite. He wants us to include Him in everything, in every emotion, in every second of every day. In the good, the bad and the ugly. He wants it all.

"Now you are my friends." I'm not worthy to be Jesus' friend. Accept His friendship anyway. I have issues I need to make right. Excuses. Don't you think He knows that? He wants you anyway--the very spot you are in. I don't know how. Just be. Talk to Him. Tell Him everything. Be open to His leading and He will guide you.

Jesus is inviting you into a relationship with Him. Will you accept?

No comments:

Post a Comment