Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Spiritual Pictures

"Every word you give me is a miracle word—
how could I help but obey?
Break open your words, let the light shine out,
let ordinary people see the meaning.
Mouth open and panting,
I wanted your commands more than anything.
Turn my way, look kindly on me,
as you always do to those who personally love you.
Steady my steps with your Word of promise
so nothing malign gets the better of me.
Rescue me from the grip of bad men and women
so I can live life your way.
Smile on me, your servant;
teach me the right way to live.
I cry rivers of tears
because nobody's living by your book!"
Psalm 119:129-136 (The Message)

"Every word you give me is a miracle word." Isn't that verse awesome? How does it make you feel? How does it touch your spirit?

"How could I help but obey." David makes it sound so easy. Like an--excuse the term--no brainer. But if you see it together and think about it, it is a no brainer. If our Heavenly Father is our father, then shouldn't we obey Him and His commandments? Shouldn't we want to honor Him by respecting His words of wisdom? They are not just words, for the sake of words. You know that each and every word was given to us carefully, knowing that at sometime, at someplace, we would be needing that exact word or words.

A great idea for today. Please slowly read each line of this psalm. Savor the words and meaning. Each line has a visual that makes it come alive. Pray ahead of time and ask your God to please open your heart and mind to the personal meaning that He has for you in it--and then claim it.

Just look at these lines! "Break open your word and let the light shine out!" "Mouth open and panting, I want your commands more than anything."

Make this your prayer today! What a glorious day you're going to have! Can't you just feel it?

No comments:

Post a Comment