Monday, August 2, 2010

God Chosen

"Meanwhile, we've got our hands full continually thanking God for you, our good friends—so loved by God! God picked you out as his from the very start. Think of it: included in God's original plan of salvation by the bond of faith in the living truth. This is the life of the Spirit he invited you to through the Message we delivered, in which you get in on the glory of our Master, Jesus Christ.

So, friends, take a firm stand, feet on the ground and head high. Keep a tight grip on what you were taught, whether in personal conversation or by our letter. May Jesus himself and God our Father, who reached out in love and surprised you with gifts of unending help and confidence, put a fresh heart in you, invigorate your work, enliven your speech." 2 Thessalonians 2:13-17 (The Message)

If you are saved, do you think it was 'by accident' or was it a plan? Do you think that it is all up to you? If you haven't asked your Lord & Savior into your life yet, do you think you are the only one that has the power to ask or not ask?

These may seem like rudimentary questions, but reading this verse made me think. It made me think that we live in a time when it is somewhat advertised that you are in charge of everything in your life. That you have the power to create your life to be whatever you want it to be. Do whatever you want to do. You make it happen.

But it's not you. Yes, God needs you to be a partner with Him in this gift called life--but you need Him as much, if not more--than He needs you. He has planned this before you were born. It is no accident that you are called to be His. Every single person born, is born with the offer of a life in God--it's up to us if and when we accept it. That's when the 'you' comes in. God has planned since you were conceived, God has offered, now it is up to you to accept.

I don't know about you, but I think that it is pretty neat that God chose me when I was conceived in my mother's womb that I was going to be one of His. He knew me before I was born. He knew all my mistakes, my hangups, my hurts--and He still wanted me. It didn't matter to Him how 'not perfect' I am. He loves and wants me. ME! YOU! Isn't that so humbling incredible?!

Praise your Heavenly Father today! Praise Him for His agape love for you. His unconditional relationship that He wants with you. You'll never meet anyone like Him again in your entire life here on earth.

If you haven't accepted His invitation, please seriously consider it today. Your Heavenly Father desire more than anything to have you 100%. There's no magic words--just admit that you are a sinner and you would like forgiveness and please take your life and fill you with Him. A word to the wise, if you don't have a Bible, please get one. And also, if possible, find a least one strong mature Christian that you trust to come along side of you to help you on this new and exciting road.

And one last thing--don't forget to thank Him. We tend to remember to ask for things, but not always remember to thank. It is very important to remember to give Him heartfelt thanks. Then watch the miracles pour into your spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment