Monday, May 2, 2011

Speechless

"In certain ways we are weak, but the Spirit is here to help us. For example, when we don't know what to pray for, the Spirit prays for us in ways that cannot be put into words." Romans 8:26 CEV

Our God is AWESOME! Just look at what He has done for us! The same God that knows every hair on our head, knew that at times, we would be lost for words when we try to talk to Him. So what did He do? He gave us the third person in the trinity--the holy spirit--to help us during those gaps in our spiritual walk.

Have you been in that place? The place that you have such a deep need for prayer, to talk to your Heavenly Father, but just can't seem to get the words together? I have. I have sat there and become so frustrated with myself because I know that I will feel better when I talk it out with Him, but the words just won't come.

But then the thought comes to me that you don't always have to be talking. I have been learning that. Sometimes, just sitting and opening your spirit up to just listen--once in a while--is a good thing. Just let whatever the Lord wants to say or to have you experience, just happen to you. Just sit in His spirit. It can be very comforting when you allow yourself the freedom to do that without the guilt that's saying, oh, because I can't seem to pray, that there is something wrong with me or my walk. Not necessarily so.

Sometimes, He wants us to be like that little child that crawls up into their Father's lap, allowing the Father to wrap His big, warm arms around them, whispering comforting words in their ear and then just sitting together in a harmonizing spiritual quiet time. How blessful!

"'Then I will ask the Father to send you the Holy Spirit who will help you and always be with you. The Spirit will show you what is true. The people of this world cannot accept the Spirit, because they don't see or know him. But you know the Spirit, who is with you and will keep on living in you. I won't leave you like orphans. I will come back to you.'" John 14:16-18 CEV

No comments:

Post a Comment