Friday, May 6, 2011

Unchanging

"Yes, grass withers and flowers fade,
but the word of our God endures forever."
Isaiah 40:8 GNT

In a world that is ever changing, isn't it comforting to have a verse such as this! I don't know about you, but whenever changes are happening in my life or the world around me--even a good change--I fight it. Change makes me feel insecure. It makes me nervous. At times it can cause me experience doubt. I want to avoid it. What about you?

But you see, in this verse, it is telling us that all things eventually will go away. Life circumstances will change. Maybe the people in your life. Maybe your heart. But we can ALWAYS count on the word of our God, to be forever standing, forever true.

So, when you have situations in your life that cause you to question--turn to your Father in prayer and His Holy Book, the Bible, in reading--both things will forever be the same, trustworthy sources of wisdom and comfort you can always count on.

No comments:

Post a Comment