Wednesday, October 19, 2011

In God I Trust

"14 Wait for the LORD;
be courageous and let your heart be strong.
Wait for the LORD."
Psalm 27:14 HCSB

Well, I have to confess something. Yesterday I had to go on a 10 hour road trip and I usually bring our youngest with me. Not only for company, but it is also a our special one-on-one time. As you can imagine, a 10 year old can have a lot to say when he has his mother's undivided attention for 10 hours.

Anyway, Joey had gone to bed with the sniffles, so when I woke him up, I wasn't sure that he was up to going. And I was torn. I didn't want to go alone, but the mother in me said, Hello! You aren't going to be selfish and force him to go are you? Seriously!

Well, as God always does, He met me where I needed to be met. He had the above verse come before me--be courageous and let your heart be strong. Wait for (or in my heart, I thought upon) the Lord. Wow! What timing!

But in the moment of joyfulness, my spirit was checked. What was I putting my security in? The presence of my 10 year old son or the holy presence of my Heavenly Father? Once I got the verse, I was able to release the sadness and disappointment of this possible missed time with Joey.

I share this story in hopes that it helps you to grasp this verse. Our God, our Heavenly Father, is big. He is BIGGER than anything--no matter how large or small--that could ever discourage, frighten or dishearten you.

With Him and in Him, you can overcome anything. With Him and in Him, you can gather all the strength and courage you will ever need!

So, I challenge you--Who or what are you putting your strength and courage into? As you can see--like my situation yesterday--it doesn't have to be a great big major situation. It could just be something small and everydayish. But, we need to put ALL things and situations under the Lord's coverage.

Our God is SO MIGHTY!

"The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song."
Psalm 28:7 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment