Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Unfailing Love

"Come and listen, all you who fear God,
and I will tell you what he did for me.
For I cried out to him for help,
praising him as I spoke.
If I had not confessed the sin in my heart,
the Lord would not have listened.
But God did listen!
He paid attention to my prayer.
Praise God, who did not ignore my prayer
or withdraw his unfailing love from me." Psalm 66:16-20 NLT


What a great statement of encouragement and hope!

God listens to us and acts, when we pray to him. The fact that God heard and acted on the psalmist behalf resulted in praise and joy.

Notice the progression of the above scripture. The psalmist is speaking to those that fear or reverently respect the Lord. A relationship with God is possible through his son Jesus. Do you have a respect for God?

Next the writer called out to God for help. He recognized his need and was humble enough to cry out to God. While the psalmist was crying out for help, he was also praising God. What a combination. Realizing your tremendous need and his tremendous grace and love.

Confession played a key role in answered prayer. Notice the psalmist did not cover over the fact that there was sin in his life. He admitted his fault and trusted God to forgive him.

We can have a life giving relationship with the God who loves us, and blesses us. It is his character to care for his children. Acceptance of his grace and a healthy reverence of God are keys to obtaining and sustaining your relationship with Jesus.

I hope this psalm helps you to walk in the reality of that relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment