Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Places

“'Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever;
wisdom and power are his.
21 He changes times and seasons;
he deposes kings and raises up others.
He gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to the discerning.
22 He reveals deep and hidden things;
he knows what lies in darkness,
and light dwells with him.
23 I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors:
You have given me wisdom and power,
you have made known to me what we asked of you,
you have made known to us the dream of the king.'”
Daniel 2:20-23 NIV

When I was praying over the Bible, asking God what truth He wanted you to have today, He led me to this. And to be honest,I'm not sure why. But this is what He said to my spirit. He said that these verses will meet you, whomever you are, where you are.

If you are in the place that you just want and need to praise your God, as Daniel did, all four verses do that, but especially verses 20 & 23.

If you are in a place that is not good and you feel like you have been there for eternity, He gives you hope in verse 21.

If you are in need or desiring wisdom or words of knowledge, the last half of verse 21 meets you there.

If you are in a dark place where you don't want to be or should not be, verse 22 lets you know that He is even there, in those dark places, shining light, giving you a way out.

So please, I'm not going to tell you how to do it, but I would encourage you to just sit, pray and meditate over these verses--asking the Lord how He wants to use them to meet you today. To please have what He wants revealed to you, revealed to you.

'"Be still and know that I am God..."' Psalm 46:10 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment