Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Shhhhhhhh!

13 But Moses said to the people, “Don’t be afraid. Stand firm and see the LORD’s salvation He will provide for you today; for the Egyptians you see today, you will never see again. 14 The LORD will fight for you; you must be quiet.” Exodus 14:13-14 HCSB

"You must be quiet." Other versions say, "You must be still."

I don't know about you, but those four words--at times--are the hardest words to heed.

What do You mean Lord, be quiet, be still? Lord, You may not be aware of this fact, but You do need my help--no disrespectfulness intended. No, My child, I don't. But you don't understand Lord--I have to be in control! No one else understands this situation better than me and besides I can do it better than anyone! No, My child, you aren't, but I am. All I need for you to do is sit still and be quiet. Trust Me. I know you better than anyone,including yourself. For better or for worse, I will take care of you. I will go to bat for you. Don't you remember? Can you forget the cross? The manger? I've been from the beginning to the end for you. You need to STOP. You need to LET GO. You need to RELEASE.

Your Heavenly Father is your biggest ally. Do you realize that? Do you truly & completely realize that? Do you realize that at times, when we think or feel that we are helping, we are actually hindering? That while we are trying to do it all on our own relying upon our own strength and wisdom, that all we are truly doing is blocking Him from being the protector, Father and Savior that He wants and was designed to be?

When you find yourself in one of those moments, please be humble & wise enough to stop, step back, and pray for God's infinite wisdom to come and cover the situation. To give you the grace to just sit and be still. To trust in His love for you and to be able to listen to Him. It will be the best quiet time you could possibly have!

2 The LORD is my strength and my song;
He has become my salvation.
This is my God, and I will praise Him,
my father’s God, and I will exalt Him.
Exodus 15:2 HCSB

No comments:

Post a Comment