Thursday, December 15, 2011

Who's in Charge?

" 26 'Is it by your understanding that the hawk soars,
Stretching his wings toward the south?
27 Is it at your command that the eagle mounts up
And makes his nest on high?
28 On the cliff he dwells and lodges,
Upon the rocky crag, an inaccessible place.'"
Job 39:26-29 NASB

God spoke these words to Job when he was in the midst of the storm. He, the Lord, was questioning Job. In essence, He was reminding Job who was God. Could Job speak to the hawk, telling him to spread his wings? Could Job control the eagle? No. Only Job's Lord could do that.

And then to me, it spoke of the power of my God. My God is the only God of all the Gods that has the power to rule the whole world. From the Heavens and above, to the depths of the land and the oceans below. My God is the only one that puts the hope of forever into my soul. My God is the only God that is strong enough and loves me enough to protect me--to put me upon that rocky crag, an inaccessible place, safe from my enemies.

As you go into this last week of this Christmas Season, let's focus of what should be the main gift we could give each other and that the Father yearns to give you--the gift of HOPE. I am not referring to the weak, wishing hope that the world wants to give us. No, we need to grasp the strong, mighty HOPE--the HOPE that means Faith. The HOPE that comes from the Father, Son & Holy Spirit. The HOPE--knowledge, faith, power--that gives your spirit light and strength in dark times.

On that night in Bethlehem--it was not just a baby that was born--it was HOPE.

"24 For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it." Romans 8:24-25 NASB

No comments:

Post a Comment