Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Eastmas

"7 But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift. 8 Therefore He says:

“ When He ascended on high,
He led captivity captive,
And gave gifts to men.”

9 (Now this, “He ascended”—what does it mean but that He also first descended into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He who descended is also the One who ascended far above all the heavens, that He might fill all things.)"
Ephesians 4:7-10 NKJV

Let me throw a what could be a new thought at you to chew on. What if Easter actually started with Christmas?

What in the world is she talking about? To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure. I'm chewing on this new thought right along side of you. But this is something that my Lord has been putting into my spiritual thought life. What if? What if Christmas wasn't just about the birth. That without the birth, the cross wouldn't have been. That not only did Jesus die for me, but He was also born for me. Does this make a little sense?

As I said earlier, I don't have a clear picture of what this is all meaning. But I don't have to to be able to share this with you. Because, what my Lord shows me, may very well be different than what He wants to show you.

So, this Christmas season, I challenge you. I challenge you to take this thought and pray, mediate and ponder upon it. Ask your Lord to show you His special meaning that He has already designed for you to receive.

Shake up Christmas this year! Humbly and graciously ask for the gifts of new insight and understanding that will take you into a new and more intimate relationship with your Father this season.

Wow! What an AWESOME Christmas we will have! Can't you just sense it?!

"3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Now we live with great expectation, 4 and we have a priceless inheritance—an inheritance that is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay." 1 Peter 1:3-4 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment