Wednesday, April 1, 2009

How do You See Yourself?

“‘Who are you, lord?’ I asked.

“And the Lord replied, ‘I am Jesus, the one you are persecuting. Now get to your feet! For I have appeared to you to appoint you as my servant and witness. You are to tell the world what you have seen and what I will show you in the future."
Acts 26:15,16 NLT

This passage provoked me today. I was reading in Acts about Paul being on trial for following Jesus. The above statement stopped my reading. Jesus said that He appointed Paul as His servant and witness. Think about it. Jesus hand picked Paul and then commissioned him to tell the world about the hope of everlasting life in Jesus Christ.

I have to ask myself if I see myself as a servant and a witness to the good news of salvation in Jesus. The Bible says, that we are chosen by God to share the wonderful good news of Jesus Christ. But do I? Do you?

Do I see myself as a servant of Jesus? Or do I view Jesus as my personal attendant, my genie in the lamp?

What about my witness? Could you look at my life and tell that I have something that the world doesn't--Hope. Am I exemplifying the fruits of the Spirit in my life? Can you see love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, gentleness, and self control in me?

What about you?

"Yes, I am sending you...to open their eyes, so they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. Then they will receive forgiveness for their sins and be given a place among God’s people, who are set apart by faith in me." Acts 26:17,18 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment