Monday, April 13, 2009

Total Committment

"Then He said to them all: 'If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.'" Luke 9:23 NIV

I was conversing with a friend today. We were both challenged by our conversation. We were confronted with the fact that many times we say we are totally committed to Jesus, but our words and actions prove differently. Jesus gave us one hundred percent of Himself on the cross, and by His Spirit in our lives today. He promises us eternal life. He has given us a living hope. He also calls us to give ourselves to Him totally.

We say that Jesus comes first in our lives. But does He really? I have to ask myself if I let other things and people come before Jesus? Do the demands of my ministry, family, and friends come before Jesus? Does my bitterness, pride, and other sins come before Jesus? What about my agenda? Where have I sacrificed my relationship with Jesus for other things?

When we put Jesus first in our lives we have the resources of heaven available to us. When we love Jesus first and foremost, we can truly love ourselves and others.

So, has Jesus been given a backseat in your life? Is He even in the car?

No comments:

Post a Comment