Wednesday, May 27, 2009

You Count

"My soul glorifies the Lord
and my spirit rejoices in God
my Savior,
for He has been mindful
of the humble state of His servant.
From now on all generations will call me blessed"
Luke 1:46-48 NIV

Do you know that God has a plan for you? A purpose? Just for you--no one else.

When He created you, He had a definite plan for you--a purpose. This purpose can only be done by you--no one else. Isn't that amazing to think about?

The reason I say that is because at times it may seem that you are just one in a sea of people that God has created. That it wouldn't matter that you were here or not--that you have nothing to contribute. But you do and you're not. God created you with you in mind. And if you allow Him, He can and will use you to better His world and further His Kingdom.

You don't have to be a world-famous pastor or a nationally known name--all you have to be is yourself and have a willing heart and spirit. Open your soul and let Him fill it with Himself and you will be amazed at what you can do for Him.

So you do count, you know. Just graciously accept the role that your God has planned for you. Open yourself and He will gently guide you to where He wants you to be. It's a fabulously, humbling journey.

"'On that day, you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in Me, and I am in you.'" John 14:20 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment