Thursday, August 13, 2009

Be Quick!

"Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry." James 1:19 NLT

I kept digging a hole for myself. The more that I tried to explain myself, the more the other person resisted. I started to get a little hot. No, I was getting angry. The Lord brought the above passage from James to my mind.

It's not always easy to be quick to listen. That means you have to stop talking. You have to pay attention, full attention. To people that you don't always relate to or like. But God gives us the ability to do what He commands when we humble ourselves and ask for His help.

Are you digging a hole? Are you getting angry? Try slowing down your jaws and be quick to listen. It works!

No comments:

Post a Comment