Monday, August 17, 2009

Sonshine

"I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart;
I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done.
I will be filled with joy because of you.
I will sing praises to your name, O Most High."
Psalm 9:1-2 NLT

What a GREAT passage to start out our week with, don't you think?! Sometimes we tend to think, "Oh great. Another Monday."

You know what I've been trying to do? And not just on Mondays. I've been trying to remember to praise God for this new day. To thank Him for giving me the gift of another day. Thanking Him for a day full of promise. It's part of my prayer life. I do it as I'm waking or while I'm driving. It puts me in a wonderful frame of mind.

You know it is. A new day IS a gift. A chance to make it whatever you want it to be. You can go into it with drudgery or with praise and thanks giving. You make your day. If you have a bad, poor me, attitude--you will get that--bad, poor me, kind of day.

But if you go into your day with this is going to be a great day!--I'm going to serve the Lord in where the place is that He has me in today. I'm going to bring glory to Him--your day will be full of sunshine.

This doesn't mean that irritating, bad or frustrating things won't happen. But they may not seem so bad if you look at them with a different perspective. Do you understand what I mean?

So I challenge you to try it. To praise Him with ALL your day, with ALL of your heart, body, soul. I bet people will notice the change in your attitude and more importantly, you should too. God is good ALL the time. ALL the time, God is good.

"A glad heart makes a happy face..." Proverbs 15:13 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment