Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Moment

"'Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly.'" Matthew 11:28 (The Message)

It's O.K. you know. It's really O.K. to admit you're tired, burned out, disillusioned. It's what you do with it that counts.

We all get that way at some point--even Jesus had to get away from the crowds from time to time. There's times that I just feel the need to get out of the house and stand in the yard and look up at the night sky full of billions and billions of stars and listen to my Father speak to me. I share my deepest fears, frustrations and hurts. I sing my sweetest song of joy, gratitude and contentment. I feel my spirit just fill to the brim with a renewed sense of purpose and peace. I cherish those moments.

Can you imagine when Jesus would go out and just be with His Father. Imagine Him leaving tired and exhausted and coming back positively glowing and completely refreshed.

You think you don't have time--but you do. You think you're too busy--but you're not--not really. What's more important than your spiritual health? A few moments here, a hour there. A walk away from all the distractions. That's all it takes.

It just depends on your criteria of what's important to you. Your Heavenly Father is always ready and waiting for you. He is there--24/7. It's up to you. What are your priorities? He will not come uninvited. Please invite Him to lunch, on a walk, a moment in the laundry room. Anywhere you are--He is.

"Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

No comments:

Post a Comment