Monday, February 15, 2010

Worried Hearts

"My dear children, let's not just talk about love; let's practice real love. This is the only way we'll know we're living truly, living in God's reality. It's also the way to shut down debilitating self-criticism, even when there is something to it. For God is greater than our worried hearts and knows more about us than we do ourselves." 1 John 3:20 (The Message)

Do you do this? Do you find that you are worried about something, but not quite sure what? Feel a little out of sorts but can't quite put your finger on why? I have.

It seems that ever since our pastor asked us to accept the gift of the Holy Spirit and to bring it into our hearts, I've been struggling.

I've been struggling with this feeling that I'm not sure what to do with. It's like I'm afraid that the fire that came into my heart that day, will go out. I'm not sure how to keep it alive. I want to do so much for the Lord. I yearn to share His unconditional love, graciousness, everlasting peace and sparkling joy with all whom He brings into my path. But I fall short--at least that is what I fear. I feel so unworthy. But that doesn't stop me from wanting to keep trying. Does this make any sense to you?

My God is so awesome and has been so gracious and forgiving of me--I feel the need to give back. But not to focus on me. But to be the "invisible woman" that is just there, supporting others and helping them meet their potential and allowing God to flow through me to help them be what God wants them to be. But I seem to find myself getting in the way.

Are you where I am? Have you been there in the past? How did you resolve it?

I truly hope that you don't mind me sharing this spiritual turmoil. It's just that it is so special when we are going through these kinds of times and the Lord brings just the right scripture to us.

This verse caught me because I especially love the ending, "For God is greater than our worried hearts." And it's so true. God is greater. Our God is greater than worries, insecurities, hang ups and hurts. He does know more about us than we know about ourselves.

What I am reminded by this verse is that God loves me know matter what and He knows my heart and spirit. And as long as I am all right with Him--I should be all right with me. And the same goes with you.

"My dear children, don't just talk about love; practice real love."

No comments:

Post a Comment