Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Simply Breath

"The Lord is my shepherd;
I have all that I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows;
he leads me beside peaceful streams.
He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
bringing honor to his name." Psalm 23:1-3 NLT

Do you ever have one of those days that it's not a bad day, just a draining day? A day that when you finally get home, you're in a safe place, and you can let the events of the day just out. Today was one of those.

That is why this verse is so cool. I know that a lot of times, people use this verse for when they are memorializing a loved one's death. But tonight, I read this and it hit me that this could also be used for the living.

Days, like today, that weren't bad, just spiritually and emotionally draining--is a day that the vision of a green, cool meadow, alive with the smells of warm earth and grass and flowers, a quiet stream, a gentle breeze brushing across your skin, the whisper of the Lord, letting you know that He's there, holding you in His arms--is perfect.

The reminder that He is our strength. It doesn't have to be us. It is through Him that we are the strongest. He will give us the strength we need to do what needs to be done, in His name--for His Kingdom. Even if that means that we have to make hard choices about situations that we aren't sure of.

All you have to do is close your eyes and just breath deep and vision all of what these verses are saying. Be still and listen--open your spirit up and breath out the bad and just feel the good of the Lord just fill you up. What peace! What completeness! Our God IS an awesome God!

Thank you Lord Jesus for being such a caring God that even the simplest of things, you take care for us. You ARE all that we will EVER need.

No comments:

Post a Comment