Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The 2 Corinthians 5:17 Child

"17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17 NKJV

As I was driving to the coast yesterday, the Lord brought this verse to mind and so I pondered it between Joey chattering away in the backseat and Peter in the front blasting Toby Mac.

Just as you may have, I have heard this verse many times. In fact, it happens to be our church's life verse. But I feel that I have become blase about what the words really are saying.

When you first look at these words, you can say, yes, of course, I know when you give your life to God, you are a new person in Him--that He forgives your sins. That you are white as snow. That is what is promised by Him. But when I was driving yesterday, the thought was brought to mind, is that it? Is that verse a one shot deal? Is that the only time that you are new in Him? The only time that your old sins are gone, and that you are a new person?

I have a thought. No. At least for me. My God is constantly changing, growing and challenging me. And I would hope that each time that I have to rededicate myself and my life to Him, crying for forgiveness, I am a 2 Corinthians 5:17 child.

How about you? Do you need to know that whenever you are shown by the Holy Spirit that you need to be pruned for the next level in your walk with your Heavenly Father, that any of the sins that you need to confess, will be forgiven and you are a new creation? That you haven't played your one ace card--get out of jail free card? That as long as your are truly striving to be in the Holy Spirit, that your Heavenly Father will continue to bring that true feeling of total forgiveness and oneness with Him, back.

So, please, take this verse and really ponder on it. During this time of Passion Week and Easter, this is a great verse to bring into your daily life. What Jesus did on Calvary that Good Friday, is what this verse is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment