Friday, April 15, 2011

The Gift of Brokeness

"If God hadn't been there for me,
I never would have made it.
The minute I said, 'I'm slipping, I'm falling,'
your love, God, took hold and held me fast.
When I was upset and beside myself,
you calmed me down and cheered me up."
Psalm 94:18-19 The Message

How many times have you been in that spot? The spot that David was in. Claiming and acknowledging that he would never would have made it without his Heavenly Father. That he couldn't do it on his own.

That is where He wants us. As we go into this Holy Week, it is a sobering, humbling yet exhilarating feeling that our Jesus did this for us. Because of what He did that week, ending up on Easter Sunday, we can forever say "If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it..."

This may sound like a strange thing to say, but I do pray that you get to that place--that place that you need to call out to Him, as a child to a Father--I need you. I can't do it on my own. I am lost without you.

Please, don't misunderstand me, I'm not wishing you evil--I'm praying you to new life. A life that once you can truly realize that you cannot do it on your own, that you need His strength. That in order to be your best, you need to be broken so that you truly do experience His saving grace, His awesome power, His everlasting love--for you, yes, you. Once that happens, you will be able to truly appreciate what He did for you and me on Calvary's Hill. Do you understand?

"1 Sing a new song to the Lord!
Let the whole earth sing to the Lord!
2 Sing to the Lord; praise his name.
Each day proclaim the good news that he saves."
Psalm 96:1-2 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment