Monday, April 11, 2011

Something Great to Know

"As Jesus and the disciples approached Jerusalem, they came to the town of Bethphage on the Mount of Olives. Jesus sent two of them on ahead. 2 'Go into the village over there,' he said. 'As soon as you enter it, you will see a donkey tied there, with its colt beside it. Untie them and bring them to me. 3 If anyone asks what you are doing, just say, ‘The Lord needs them,’ and he will immediately let you take them.'” Matthew 21:1-3 NLT

I'm preparing for the upcoming Passion Week before Easter. Matthew 21 gives us the account of Jesus riding into Jerusalem and entering what has become known as Passion Week. What struck me right off the bat when I look at this passage, is the sovereignty of God. Jesus knew right where to tell the disciples to go to find the donkey and her colt. He gave them His authority to use the donkey.

I think that it is great to know that Jesus is in control and all knowing. The Bible says that there is no place we can go from His knowing. He sets the dates and places of our lives. He knows the story of our lives. He is all powerful and in control. Even this seemingly out of control world we live in is subject to Him.

I find in encouraging to know that Jesus never shows up late. He's not surprised. He's not caught off guard. The One who knows and loves you and I more than we know is in control. He is sovereign. I don't have to control or know everything, He does and that is more than good enough. I guess I just need to submit to His control, His will, and His sovereignty.

Our church in Mariposa is growing. Somebody asked me, "What are we going to do?" "I don't know," I replied. I like to be in control. I like to have all of the answers. But there is something really great in knowing that I don't have it all together. But Jesus does. He knows. He'll reveal the what and the how, when He's ready. He even gives the strength to do His will.

I think that's something great to know. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment