Monday, November 21, 2011

¡gracias--Day 1

"8 Give thanks to the LORD; call on His name;
proclaim His deeds among the peoples.

9 Sing to Him; sing praise to Him;
tell about all His wonderful works!

10 Honor His holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.

11 Search for the LORD and for His strength;
seek His face always.

12 Remember the wonderful works He has done,
His wonders, and the judgments He has pronounced,"
1 Chronicles 16:34-36 HCSB

Dear God,

This Thanksgiving week, I want to make a conscious effort to try to thank You each and every day for being the God, the Father, that You are to me. Thank you for being a God that I can be proud of. That I can trust. That I can trust with ALL things. Not just some things.

Thank you so very much for all the things that I have seen and not seen that You have done for me. From the smallest to the greatest. For those times of helping me find my car keys, to the times that You are covering me with Your love when my heart is breaking or confused.

Thank you for Your strength. For sharing that strength with me when I am weak. When I am vulnerable.

I do seek your face always.

My heart does rejoice when I acknowledge how AWESOME You are! Sometimes, You just blow my mind! How I honor and adore You!

And as weird as it may seem, I am also truly grateful for those times that You do have to past judgement on me because it is during those times that I know that You love me enough, to want me to be the best I can be for Yourself, Your kingdom and myself.

You are my God, and I can't thank or express enough my feelings for You. Thank you for just knowing.

"34 Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good;
His faithful love endures forever."
1 Chronicles 16:7 HCSB

No comments:

Post a Comment