Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Merci à vous!--Day 2

"21 For though they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God or show gratitude. Instead, their thinking became nonsense, and their senseless minds were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man, birds, four-footed animals, and reptiles." Romans 1:21-23 HCSB

Dear Lord,

Please, help me not to become like the Gentiles in the above verses. Help me not to become so accustom to Your awesome love for me that I forget to thank you. That I start taking You and Your wonderful life miracles for granted. That they become every day for me. Not the wonderful miracles that they are.

Please help me to continually--each and every day--ponder upon those blessed acts, pleasant or unpleasant. This includes the ones that I was aware of and the ones that I'm not aware of. I pray, please help my spirit--when I have my quiet time with You--to become aware of the hidden miracles that took place. For I desire to give You thanks for ALL things.

I want NO other God than You in my life. Help me to please not make my work, my education, my plans for the future, material wealth, my hobby, my volunteer work, my family,--anything--more important than You.

Please, also give me opportunites to share Your awesomeness with others. Help me to glorify You with my life, my actions, my words with others that You bring into my life path. Help me to be Your eyes, Your ears, Your mouth, Your heart. And I thank you for trusting me.

For You are my God, and I am Your child. And I cherish us. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment