Friday, March 6, 2009

Delight

"The Lord’s delight is in those who fear Him,
those who put their hope in His unfailing love."
Psalm 147:11 NLT

How do you think God feels about you?

I used to think He was angry with me. I felt I could never please God. I felt at times that God simply tolerated me. That He only cared about me when I was a good person, and did good things.

The Bible tells us something different. The Bible says that God delights in His people. (Psalm 149:4 NLT) Think about it. God delights in us. The word delight means to have a high degree pleasure or satisfaction. That's how God feels to those that respect Him and trust in His love.

He loves us so much that He made it possible for us to have a relationship with Him through His Son, Jesus Christ. Anyone can come to God through Jesus!

Let your mind and your soul absorb the fact that God not only loves us, but He delights in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment