Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Waiting Expectantly

"O Lord, hear me as I pray;
pay attention to my groaning.
Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God,
for I pray to no one but you.
Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord.
Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly."
Psalm 5:1-3 NLT

David was a man who had a successful prayer life. He recognized his weaknesses. He came to God as his source of strength. He didn't hide what he was struggling with, but gave his weaknesses to God. Then he waited. Not only did he wait, but he waited expectantly.

My problem is, I didn't always acknowledge my weaknesses. I get self sufficient. I look to sources other than God for help. When I finally do wake up and pray, I want the answer right now. I live in a fast pace world. Waiting is not part of my plan. But it is God's will. Notice how David waited for God to answer his prayers; expectantly.

David didn't pray with a wait and see attitude. He knew that he was praying to the Almighty God. He waited with hope.

Do you acknowledge your weaknesses? Do you bring them to God? Are you in the waiting period?

Trust Jesus and wait expectantly.

"Because of your unfailing love, I can enter your house;
I will worship at your Temple with deepest awe.
Lead me in the right path, O Lord,
or my enemies will conquer me.
Make your way plain for me to follow."
Psalm 5:7-8 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment