Monday, March 23, 2009

Our Strength and Shield

"The Lord is my strength and shield.
I trust him with all my heart.
He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.
I burst out in songs of thanksgiving."
Psalm 28:7 NLT

I read this the other day and was encouraged. There are so many challenges in life. Just when we think that we have victory in one area of our life, we find a challenge in another.

King David, the writer of Psalm 28, had his share of challenges. Throughout his life he faced enemy nations, internal conspiracies, a broken family, the loss of children, and a broken marriage. He found his strength and protection in the Lord.

Today as we face our challenges we, like David of old, have the same strength and protection available to us. Reliance on the Lord Jesus Christ. Let's face it, sometimes we just can't take on our challenges and have success on our own strength.

The key to victory in Jesus is faith. David trusted God with his whole heart. That takes faith. Not faith in faith, but faith in Jesus. Faith is where the rubber hits the asphalt. I'm like the man in the Bible who told Jesus he believed. But he needed God's help with his unbelief. We can trust God. The key is to trust Him with our WHOLE heart.

Once we realize that we can trust God and give Him the innermost places of our hearts, something else happens. We get the victory in areas of our lives that were overwhelming us. Our response should be to break out in thanksgiving to God.

So, where do you find your source of strength and protection? Is it working? What about Jesus?

2 comments:

  1. Each time I read your blog I come away refreshed.
    Like a well water garden. I write to 2 soldiers stationed in Iraq. I have sent them your siteh,hope they log on and are watered also.
    God bless

    ReplyDelete