Thursday, April 15, 2010

Forever Faithful

"I cry out loudly to God, loudly I plead with God for mercy.
I spill out all my complaints before him,
and spell out my troubles in detail." Psalm 142:1 (The Message)

Do you ever feel that there is no one that really listens to you? That your friends and family are just too busy to take the time and truly hear what you are trying to say? It's such a lonely, sad feeling, isn't it?

They don't mean to be that way. They probably have even tried very hard to be there for you, but maybe they are in a sad spot too. Maybe they need to have someone truly listen to them. So, they are just as empty as you.

Jesus. Jesus is ALWAYS there. He ALWAYS has time for you. He hears your voice and instantly, He is intently, carefully, soulfully--listening to your every word. Do you ever feel that? There are times when I am in a sad spot and I know I can talk to Him about all my silliness, my insecurities, my hurts, my confusion and He hears. He's listening, just to me. He's not judging or half listening or multi-tasking--He's focused just on me, my words, my feelings. Why? Because He loves me. Because He loves you.

Please, never feel that you are just one in a billion. Don't deny yourself the peace that can come when you share yourself with your Father and allow Him to comfort you--to share His wisdom with you. How can you allow Him to share His love, comfort and wisdom? Listen. Sometimes we get so wrapped up with sharing the complaints, troubles, insecurities, etc. and forget to listen.

It's a three-step process: 1. Pray (share/talk) with your Father.; 2. Stop & truly listen to your Father's advice/wisdom.; 3. Remember to thank Him. Thank Him sincerely and from the depths of your spirit. (Dads love that!)

Do you have a faithful forever friend? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment