Monday, April 19, 2010

Stuck

"God's loyal love couldn't have run out,
his merciful love couldn't have dried up.
They're created new every morning.
How great your faithfulness!
I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over).
He's all I've got left." Lamentations 3:22-27 (The Message)

My Grandpa Carter was this very special man that the Lord put in my life. I was so blessed to live just down the hill from him so that we could share everyday life.

As a child, you know, you can go through those times when you feel unloved, unfairly treated, nobody's friend. When I did, I could go to Papa, knowing that he loved me forever and true and I didn't have to be anyone but myself. He made me feel that he loved being with me--that I was so special to him. I knew that he loved all his grandchildren and they all knew he loved them. But it was also known that I was his special one. And he didn't do anything, as in giving me presents all the time, or anything like that. It was just that look that he gave me, that twinkle in his eye, his words of kindness.

It wasn't something to flaunt--it was something to cherish. And I truly did.

God has a way of knowing our needs before we do and having a solution already lined up. He knew that I would be fighting insecurity all of my life and--at least while Papa was alive--he placed us together to counteract that hole.

This is what your Heavenly Father does for you--if you let Him. His love for you will NEVER end. Even when you turn your back on Him, when you close your heart to Him--His love will NEVER run out. His graciousness is a fountain that does not know the word drought.

This kind of love is sometimes hard to take, to behold, to accept--but nonetheless, it's there. It's the kind of love that makes you want to do your darnedest not to let Him down. To disappoint Him.

Do you understand the depth? Do you know the feeling? So many times, just knowing that my Heavenly Father accepted me and loved me, got me through a lot of trying times. He was my anchor--I was 'stuck' with Him, and He with me. He was all I had left.

How about you? Do you want to be 'stuck' with God? To say that in the end, He was all that you had left? All you have to do is invite Him in. What a legacy!

No comments:

Post a Comment