Thursday, April 8, 2010

Welcome Home!

"No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love Him" 1 Corinthians 2:9 NIV

Is it hard for you to imagine what Heaven is like? Can you picture how it must be when you arrive? I do. At times, to be totally honest, my human side does worry. Nobody really knows what Heaven's going to be like. I worry that I may not make it there. Do you?

I think that the reason that I have a hard time conceiving God's graciousness is this--because at times I tend to put the shallowness and conditional love emotions that we humans use on each other, as the way the Father looks at us. And it's not even an issue.

Our Father loves us sooo unconditionally and completely, with a depth that we can't even begin to understand. And that is somewhat hard for our minds to accept. What? My God knows my every thought, my every sin, my every shortcoming and He has prepared a place for me? Yes! Why would He do that? Because while He does know all of our dark and shadowy places inside of us, He also knows the strides we have made to be what He wants us to be. He knows our hearts and our spirits and our desire to try to serve and be what He has prepared us to be.

Unlike the world, when it is our time to go to the place He has prepared for us--Heaven--He won't be judging us from the outside but from the heart. He will take you aside, and welcome you with a great big bear hug. You know, like a friend that you haven't seen in a long while, but as soon as you see each other, it's like a day hasn't gone by. You fall into each other's arms and the feeling is so familiar, so comforting, so natural--and why? Because you're home...yes, you're home!

No comments:

Post a Comment