Monday, April 12, 2010

Knowing

"Philip said, 'Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied.'

Jesus replied, 'I have been with you all this time, Philip, yet you still don't know who I am? Anyone who has seen me, has seen the Father. So why are you asking me to show Him to you? Don't you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me?'" John 14:8-10 NLT

Do you sense the frustration in Jesus' voice and words? Here He has had this friendship with Philip and still Philip seems to be clueless to who Jesus really is. This friend has been with Jesus, apparently a pretty long time--if you read His words, "I have been with you all this time...", and he still has the nerve to ask Jesus to show proof of who He says He is?

It may seem incredulous to you and me, that Philip would have the opportunity to hang out with Jesus, be a close friend, experience first-hand the miracles, the essence of Him, and yet not really know or be able to comprehend who He really was--but is it?

How many times to we make Jesus reveal to us who He is? How many times does our words and actions contradict our words when we say we have faith?

Jesus is what Jesus says He is. Faith is knowing that and not having to have pictures, affidavits or eye witnesses. It is as simple as that--just knowing and accepting.

No comments:

Post a Comment