Monday, June 29, 2009

Butterfly Feelings

"I give you thanks, O LORD, with all my heart; I praise Your name for Your unfailing love and faithfulness; for Your promises are back by all the honor of Your name." Psalm 138:1-2 NLT

Something wonderful happened this weekend. My brother Zack gave his heart to the Lord. It was a long time coming but what rejoicing!

And that got me thinking. Do you remember when you first made your decision? Did you have that butterflies in your stomach feeling? That excitement like you knew something new and wonderful was happening, yet nervous about what that all meant?

You couldn't get enough--you read your Bible every chance you got, you attended every small group you could find and fit in your schedule. You were consumed.

But as time goes on, the feeling mellows out. You don't do as much--your schedule gets too full with life to fit in Bible reading times, small groups, church. The love is still there, it's just that the excitement isn't there anymore.

Wouldn't it be wonderful the be in the stage that Zack is now? Everything is still new and fresh and exciting. It can be you know. His promises are true and always there--it's us that have allowed our feelings to become tired. Like any relationship, we need to work on our part to keep it true and valid.

My prayer for Zack is that he never loses that "in love" butterfly feeling stage. That his walk grows stronger and stronger with each passing day. That he finds something new and exciting each and every time that he opens his Bible. And that is also my prayer for you.

What a gift my Lord has given to me. Now not only is Zack my brother of the flesh, but now he is also my brother of the spirit! Thank you Jesus!

"As soon as I pray, You answer me; You encourage me by giving me strength." Psalm 138:3 NLT

2 comments:

  1. Soaking up sun and contentment....the ocean, skies, and sunsets are amazing gifts. All is well. You are a gift as well, good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can say the same about you. Blessings sierragoldie!

    Love, Eric

    ReplyDelete