Monday, June 8, 2009

Today

"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24 NLT

Do you remember to do that? I forget sometimes. Sometimes I tend to wake up and instead of thanking the Lord for the gift of a new day, I start thinking that I've got to do this, do that. Then I get all tensed up and uptight. I steal the joy from the gift of the day that my Lord had planned for me.

Why do we do that? Don't we know that each and every day is a gift, a chance to begin again? A fresh start. We do ourselves and our Lord a great disservice by not taking our gift and run with it. Run and make the most of whatever we are given.

It's another chance to make a wrong right. It's another chance to praise our Holy and Precious Lord for all His gracious wonderfulness. It's another chance to mend relationships, hug our kids, kiss our spouses, share with our friends how important they are to us, open the eyes of a stranger to the salvation of Jesus.

What are you going to do with your gift? Walk around all uptight and crabby? Or are you going to praise the Lord for the wonderful promise of today and go forth with Godly purpose? The choice is yours.

"A cheerful heart brings a smile to your face; a sad heart makes it hard to get through the day." Proverbs 15:11 The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment