Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Faith Builders

"He reached down from heaven and rescued me;
He drew me out of deep waters.
He rescued me from my powerful enemies,
from those who hated me and were too strong for me.
They attacked me at a moment when I was in distress,
but the Lord supported me.
He led me to a place of safety;
He rescued me because He delights in me."
Psalm 18:16-19 NLT

Yesterday I wrote about struggling with our faith. I wrote about that because, that is where I was. I was struggling. But God is good. Two things happened after I wrote my blog post. I was encouraged by a friend, and the word of God. Both were faith builders for me.

Last night before our Marriage Enrichment group began, I was speaking to a friend. I was sharing with her about my faith struggle. She listened and encouraged me. She shared her life experience and reminded me of mine. She encouraged me to recall God's faithfulness to my family and myself. She shared the word of God with me. She encouraged my faith. This isn't the first time that a brother or sister in Christ has come along at just the right time, to encourage me during a low moment. I appreciate life giving friends.

Then this morning I was reading the Bible. I was in Psalms 18. The above passage spoke volumes of faith building encouragement to me. God's word has a way of doing that. The Bible says;"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Romans 10:17 KJV

The Bible says that we walk by faith. Sometimes we have the faith to move mountains. Sometimes we struggle. But God is faithful to encourage our faith in Him.

Thank God for faith builders!

No comments:

Post a Comment