Friday, June 26, 2009

Life's Balance

"O God, I beg two favors from you;
let me have them before I die.
First, help me never to tell a lie.
Second, give me neither poverty nor riches!
Give me just enough to satisfy my needs.
For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say,
'Who is the Lord?'
And if I am too poor, I may steal and thus
insult God's holy name." Proverbs 30:7-9 NLT

I dream big. There are times when I get tired of the struggles of life. Like you, I have bills and I worry about how I will be able to pay them. So I make a plan of attack. I could do this, I could do that. I could cut this out. Then I dream crazy thoughts of winning the lottery--then all my worries would be over! OK Lord, I'm ready, bless me!

God doesn't do it that way. Instead of me planning my solution, I should be allowing the Lord to be planning my solution--my life--for me. He knows my needs before I am even aware of them. He knows the solution, the dream, the plan, that will best suit me and my life.

I want the easy way out. But sometimes the less easy is the way that we learn the lesson we were suppose to--those are the times that God's sovern care comes to light. God knows the perfect balance of easy/hard--poverty/riches. And you know, it is true, sometimes when the road is too smooth, we do tend to forget that we are NOT the ones in charge, paving this road. It's our heavenly Father.

How do you tend to deal with the rough roads in your life? Do you worry, fret, stress out? Or do you accept the comfort that you can release this situation to the Lord with the knowledge that He will do with it what is best for you?

In life everything needs to be in balance. As in your diet, if you have too much sweets and not enough protein, your body will react badly. And who knows that balance best in your life than your Heavenly Father. Just humbly ask Him to please guide your life the way He's planned it to be. He will gladly honor your request.

No comments:

Post a Comment